Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Goin' Visitin'

Dear Henry,

On Monday you turned 8 weeks old! Mommy thought it was about time to visit with J and her boys again. We talk to J every week but it is nice to get over to her town for lunch and a visit. We arrived at her house around 12:00 and I gave her the photos I had printed for her. She
loved them.


We decided to get some chicken and take a little picnic to a local park that has a lot of water and a play ground to hang out on. J couldn't believe how big you've gotten and said she needed to dig up one of her baby photos because you look so much like she did. Tommy and Uriah played while we visited with J. As we made our way back to town J spotted some of her friends at another playground and I asked if she wanted to stop by and see them and she said, "yes!" She was excited to show us off and her friends were so nice. They talked about how good lookin' you are, complementing you on your green shirt. They told Mommy how excited J was when she found Mommy and Daddy for you and that she was excited to make us a family. There is that thing where people can tell you things directly but when you hear it from a third party it somehow seems more true. It was nice to hear it again because we are so excited to be your Mommy and Daddy.

J had a good time holdin' you at the edge of the sandbox with me as you smiled and made your noises.
wish that I had J's friends take a photo of the three of us because I don't have any pictures with J, you and me, or even of Me and J! It was a good visit and I was happy to see all of the new good things happening in J's life. We gave hugs and kisses because after the playground her two boys were covered in dirt and sand and already jumpin' in the tub themselves and we came back home to meet Daddy.

It was a fun day with beautiful weather.
I'm glad J is in our lives.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Wanting the very best for Henry at all costs is a sign of truely great parents. I'm glad to see how well you all are doing. He's gotten so big in a month btw, tell him to slow down so I can keep up!!

Anonymous said...

very special indeed. AMW