Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big Boy Jammies

Dear Henry,

Nothing is sweeter then bed time with you, either getting ready for bed or waking up in the morning. You are like squeezin' on a big fluffy marshmallow or a sweet lil' pug puppy.
You grunt, smile, babble, shove your hand in my arm pit and wiggle your tiny fingers and twinkle
your little tic tac-sized toes in my belly button. You're all warm and sugary smelling and I dare to say that I could eat a little piece and be happy forever. I put you near Papa and you lunge for him like a runner for the finish line, the prize being a big kiss.

Yesterday we amplified
all of this by simply putting some big boy style jammies on you.
Before you were here and J told me I better be gettin' ready for you because, "You ARE going

to be a mom," Mommy went shopping at Old Navy and purchased you a couple of big boy jammies. The little two piece cotton numbers sans zips or snaps with an elastic waistband and contrasted cuffed wrists and ankles. OH HOW I LOVE THESE BIG BOY JAMMIES ON YOU!


These big boy jammies become the way mommies and daddies everywhere know with certainty that their boys and girls are growing because they watch the little sleeves become a three quarter sleeve and the once wrinkly pants are stretched straight and taut. You seem to be wearing 3-6 month clothing since about two weeks ago with a slightly baggy to perfect fit. I didn't think that you would be into them so soon. I like how the little shirt rides up on ya after you've been wigglin' so your belly peeks out at us. Nobody really tells mommies that the clothes sizes on the rack (newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months) aren't really any sort of manual to live by to make life easier or to estimating sizes to determine if the coolest bargain will fit at that particular stage in your development. You have to shoot and miss sometimes, but these little jammies rock and make changing your diaper much easier than snaps and zips, although we still have some of these on reserve for when we want ya to feel more like our little baby than our little boy. Did I mention you've been sleeping through the night since about week 4.5-6? It is really nice to get some sleep! That is about half of your life that you've gotten jammies and bottle at 9, laid down about 9:30 and calmly helped yourself get to sleep by 10:00. You sleep all night long and wake at about 7 and let us know by sucking LOUDLY on your thumb, which is perfect timing to see Daddy just after he has gotten ready for work. I love it, and I love you. I will continue to snuggle you in your jammies and kiss your face off forever, or at least as long as you will let me or you start shaving, I suppose whichever
comes first.


Love,
Mommy



No comments: