Monday, April 27, 2009

The Musical Stylings of Doug and Peter

Dear Henry,

My posts are getting a little out of order after the weekends but I plan on teaching you how to read a
calendar, to order things chronologically, and to use other higher order thinking skills so you will be able to figure out these things. After all, I'm accustomed to about 15-32 in my classroom for 50-70 minutes a day, imagine what I can do with you all by your lonesome with an entire day, day in and day out? "Oh, poor Henry!" That's what any of my old students might be saying if they are reading this.

Anyhoooo none of that has a single thing to do with this post.

Friday you and I visited our good friends, Doug and Peter (see their website here),

they bought you that snake you love so much with the belled mouth. They are also looking for their special little girl or guy through open adoption and the Independent Adoption Center. Currently they are reworking their website and Dear Birth Mother Letter before their big adventure to Poland in May. They asked Mommy if she could take some new photos for their letter. After we took some for their main photo they wanted to play piano for you. I had NO idea how special this was going to be! They started out singing "How Great Thou Art" and I felt a lump of emotion. They are Quakers so I asked them if they would sing you some traditional Quaker songs. They obliged. They held you and sang beautiful songs from their Quaker song book and you looked REALLY content and just locked eyes with Doug. It was a very sweet moment I wanted to remember to share with you. I could see how happy their child will be someday singing along with them.




I'm so grateful you're here with us already.

Love, Mommy

No comments: