Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Big Bang

Dear Henry,

The last couple of days things in your digestive tract have been switchin' it up a bit.
Your.... gas.... has been the most stinky thing to pass my nose... stinkier than the chicken markets in Mexico City. Someday I hope you experience this so you know what I'm talking about. I don't blame you. It is the formula but typically I think you need a changing and there is nothin' there... until today.


There was an explosion! I took off your little gray cords and grabbed your other leg to get your diaper off and felt something sticky. I looked down and saw your entire back, leg, toes, socks, pants, onesie and fingers covered in the sticky green clay. I won't try to act nonchalant about this. I had to sit and think for a good minute or two about what to do. We were in the middle of the living room with the wipes on the other side. So I put you on your fuzzy blanket and gently dragged you on it until I was close enough to reach the wipes. I got you roughly cleaned up using about 20 wipes, there were specks here and there so I gave you another bath. You are a real champ. It didn't seem to phase you a bit. You just stared at me and let me do what needed done.

I did something unforgivable in this economy, I just tossed those little square cords. I paid two bucks for them at Once Upon a Child so technically they were recycled and inexpensive so I'd already saved them once. I could not get the gunk out. Sorry. Funny how I noticed this morning that those little gray cords were about 1" too short, I just pulled them down a bit more than usual. Little gray cords are no more.

My camera was near-by so I got one shot. It doesn't capture inside the onesie or pants, ewe.


You liked the second bath and smiled when I said, "You are the stinkiest thing EVER, but I still love you!"

And I do.
Love,
Mommy, in the trenches.

2 comments:

Saran said...

Too funny - been there :-)
Check out this great book which sounds perfect for today

http://www.amazon.com/I-Love-You-Stinky-Face/dp/0439635713/ref=sr_oe_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240448528&sr=1-1

Hugs
Saran

rory said...

oh my, that is NASTY