Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Your Kingpin, Honey, and I'm Gettin' in Gear!

Dear Henry,

Yesterday when I was silk screening flyers for our friend Mason we watched Grease 2.
Mommy has loved Grease 2 since she fi
rst watched it at Amy Simmons' birthday party on VHS tape in elementary school. I still sing along, know all of the words and wish I could be friends with Michelle Pfeiffer. Our friend Samantha bought it for Mommy as a Christmas present because I couldn't shut up about needing to watch that movie. I watched it a couple of days before you were born and not again until yesterday. You seemed to like it alright, you fell asleep after the second or third song. I think the lyrics to "Score Tonight," sank in because last weekend Grandma P and Crappaw gave you a little bowling pin that was once Johnny's, not Johnny Nogerelli's silly, Johnny your cousin and I see real promise in your desire to bowl. With what little hand eye coordination you have in conjunction with your developing ability to "crawl" on your belly a few inches you love knockin' that pin over! I cheer you on and you seem to like that. I secretly, or not so secretly to some, imagine that the world is a musical so while you're "bowling" with your little pin I like to think of you singing the Grease 2 song with me, "Score Tonight."

I shake the pin and get you to see it then set it up a couple of inches out of reach. You will wiggle on your back to get at it and then swat it down with your hand.

If I roll you on your tummy and place the pin about 3 inches from your head you'll grunt, kick and squiggle around until your head knocks it over. Some people are likely doubting this ability, I must admit I did too for a moment so I had to test it. I started putting the pin off center and you were more than willing to change direction to get your head to make contact with it to bring it down.

So....
Imagine with me Henry.

____________________________________________________
Come on everybody, gather round.
I'm gonna show you how to knock 'em down.
When I'm on the ball, I'm the number one.
And I'm gonna show you how it's done.



Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-'n-roll.
Hey, come on, let's get this show on the road.
Let's bowl, let's bowl, let's rock-'n-roll.
We're sittin' on a bomb that's about to explode. (SEE PREVIOUS POST)

These photos were taken before the previous post's episode..... so see... life is really like the musicals.

Love you,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got yourself a pretty talented little fellow!! My almost 9 month old still only sits and tries to bounce her way around--which does not work by the way. Cute to watch though!! And don't you dare try to put her on her belly!! Keep up the good work Henry--you'll have Mommy and Daddy chasing you around before you know it!! Hope to see you again soon!! AMW

Unknown said...

Wow, those are some seriously advanced gross motor skills! Your boy will be an athlete, I think!