Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dear Lily

Dear Lilly (Lily_ mommy and daddy spell it two different ways?),



Henry, Steve and I wanted to welcome you to the world and into our family of friends.



Your Mommy Brook and Daddy Corey have waited a long time to meet you! I don't think they ever thought it would be so quick a meeting! I am pretty sure they thought they would have the opportunity to prepare for you... but I think they have been preparing for you as long as they've been together. Your parents and Steve and I started to prepare for our children even before we started trying or started searching for you. Your parents and Steven and I have had lots of conversations about the things we'd love to do when you and Henry get here. Their hearts were full of hope and anticipation thinking you'd never show up... then BAM!



You're a beauty.




At home you also have two dogs, some cats and a handful of chickens waitin' for you. How cool is that? There may even be a goat there for ya too... I can't remember. I do know that your mommy will protect you with every breath of her own life armed with knowledge she'll make sure you're always getting everything intellectually and emotionally you could be as well as making sure you are healthy, loved and crafty. Your daddy will make you feel like a princess everyday you live and make sure you love and respect nature, cooking and life. They will raise you to have a conscience, to be a good person and to be confident in yourself because this is the people they are. They are fortunate to find you, and you are fortunate to be their daughter.



I wanted to share with you a couple of first comments your mommy made because as she gets to know you she may forget these little moments, as I was reading over our first moments with Henry I had already forgotten some of his.



"Its 3am and I'm walking from the hotel to the med center. I need to be with my girl. It's so hard because we do not have a private place to be with her."

"She is AMAZING. I can't say more now except you are right... It I'd like I'm dreaming." (excuse Mommy's errors, she'd only had 30 minutes of sleep.)

"I am wearing the little Mrs. in your wonderful sling. We
were released from the hospital early! Yay!"

You're going to have a life full of love, attention and adventure with Mommy Brook and Daddy Corey. We are so happy to have a new little friend and buddy for Henry and can't wait to meet you! We love you already.




(two l's or one in Lilly guys??)
Love,
Lisa, Steve and Henry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful letter, you're such great friends to Brook and Corey...and now baby Lily! I'm so glad that Lily already has a best friend in Henry! What a great support!