Thursday, April 8, 2010

Outdoor Fun

Dear Henry,
With the advent of your 1st birthday wonderful warm air has been coaxed into our parts of Indiana and we are loving it!   As we visited Crappaw during his hip recovery I would take you outside to walk up and down their long drive.  This particular day you were able to be out in only a onesie and robot baby legs.  It was blissful after a winter cooped up in the house.  You were a lot of fun this year but let's just say there were a hunk of months there where you weren't keeping me all that busy with exciting things day in and day out.  You loved this first spring expedition tearing up grass, dangerously waving around sticks and desperately trying to pick up those dried worms and put them into your mouth.  The cracks in the blacktop were clearly great caverns to be explored if that pesky outline of a boy would stop following you around and "rock rock" wouldn't look at you so cute asking for a snack.
 After all of this you settled into Grandma P's lap to peer out the front window identifying the color of cars.
 Mommy went to the other room for a bit and when I returned to see how you were doing this is what I found...
 I can tell already you are going to love playing outside!  I look forward to it!
Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet bliss! Totally

Love you, Henry!

Gma P

mizzfuzz1983@yahoo.com said...

OMGosh, You guys, he is sooo precious!!! Once Again, Thank You so much for sharing him with me!!! Please, tell Lil Henry how much I love him & his Mommy & Daddy!!! He's growing into quite a BEAUTIFUL Young Man (at the ripe ole age of 1 - lol) You guys are doin' good!!! All those CURLS - my goodness!!! Biggest of Hugs & Kisses!!! I Love You! Janet AKA JMom (WHATEVER!!!!)