Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Buttons

Dear Henry, 
Last time at Grandma P's and Crappaw's Mommy went through the button box searching for some really cool ones to stitch to the robots I'm making you.  When I was little Mommy and Uncle Gary would get the big metal tray out and pour out the buttons.  They were fun to look at, to hold, and to imagine what else some of them could be; some of them are very old.  You loved the buttons too.  I used to use them as props in my doll house.  There are couple of buttons that look like big chip bowls, pumpkin pies and meringue.   I had to watch you like a hawk because you wanted to grab handfuls and shove them into your mouth.  After I got it across that they were not food you and Grandma P threw them around so I would have to pick them back up.  In years to come I'm sure you'll be visiting there and ask to see the button box.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, how am I supposed to handle this?
Thanks for the reminder of some beautiful memories. And we will make more. Gma P