Monday, April 26, 2010

Daddy's Old Digs

Dear Henry, 
Shortly after bringing you home Grandma LaJean gave you a bag of Daddy's baby clothes.  The onesie was already too small but in the back of my mind I remembered there was a decidedly early 1970's outfit that was too cute to not at least put on you.  I figured you were about the right size to put it on you.  Well, you've never had this type of reaction when trying on clothes.  You wailed!  You hated it.  It is a little departure from your hipster styling but I had no idea what a fashion diva you've become.  I thought you looked kind of cute but I can't lie it was the kind of cute that made me laugh at you.  You had it on for a total of 10 minutes but I had to get your picture in it.  The outfit you ended up wearing for your second Easter was really just an updated version, sort of...those are to come.

 Sorry, 
Love, Mommy 

3 comments:

Steven said...

I guess my parents loved Soul Train, 'cause that's a very Don Cornelius-esque chapeau.

Lookin' Gooooooood, Mister Kotter!

love, daddy

Anonymous said...

i love this picture....like...a lot
kate

Doug said...

I love the outfit. Of course, you can imagine what I was wearing when Steve was dressed in this. Raspberry striped bell-bottoms with a 3-inch wide white leather belt and a bi-color green, puffed sleeved shirt with a HUGE collar and a sweater vest (also belted).

If my dad would have let me get a shag hair cut like David Cassidy, my life would have been complete! Sigh...