Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Facing Forward

Dear Henry,
The day after your first birthday Mommy turned the car seat around so I can finally spy on those gorgeous peepers from my captains seat up front.  You do well with change but the turn around was a bit disorienting to you at first.  You clutched around on the seat and grabbed onto the harness and cried.  I started backing out of the driveway and it was clear the sensation freaked you out a little, much like the backward Racer at King's Island can do...after a few minutes you chilled out and were enjoying your new view.  Now you don't hesitate to give me a wave or babble something at me from the back.  I love being able to keep my eyes on you.  You're getting to be such a big boy!
Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Doug said...

Wow, the things we never think about. It didn't occur to me that a) you'd have to switch the seat orientation, and b) that it'd be disorienting to the child. I'm glad Henry adapted so quickly, but that seems to be his personality in general. He's such a easy-going kid!

Doug said...

p.s. I LOVE the new blog banner!