Saturday, November 20, 2010

An Awesome Autumn Alphabet Adventure [6 and 7 of 26] F is for Fountain Cleaning with Bahboo & G is for Glue Art on a Gloomy Afternoon

Dear Peep, 
You are a worker at heart.  Recently when Bahboo was helping with the leaves you broke out of the house and I found you helping him fish leaves out of the fountain.  It was cute as you really had to s-t-r-e-t-c-h your baby arm to make it into the water. 
 F is for Fountain Cleaning with Bahboo
______
A few weeks back I was looking for something different to do with you.  I had purchased some craft sticks of different colors at the dollar store and I have LOTS of glue from my teaching days.  I put out a big sheet of paper from a roll Grandma P found at a garage sale and stickers, barley, sprinkles, markers and macaroni and we made glue art.  It was of course a bit messy but that is what makes it fun.  I am pretty sure though I took it to an entire different level by putting the glue in a little bowl and adding blue food coloring.  Surprisingly I did not catch you eating the markers per usual, the blue glue is another story.  I live for your intensity when doing projects, even if it is short lived, your little hands working this way and that, pinching off stickers, and dashing on sprinkles.  I need to make time and reserve more energy to find creative pursuits with you.
G is for Glue Art on a Gloomy Afternoon 
Love, Mama

No comments: