Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From My Melon to Yours

Dear Henry, 
Pre-Daylight Savings Time Daddy and Mommy were taking you on a walk in the evenings.  We discovered today that by the time Daddy arrives home at 5:45 evening darkness has inched its way in to the sky.  So, last week on one of our walks we threw you in the leaves again because let's face it, leaf piles make for great photo opportunities.  Mommy also wanted to get a shot of you in your Bomber's hat.  I say your Bomber's hat loosely because while Papa has given it to you to wear I'm not sure if he has given it up completely.  

This was Daddy's favorite red and black hat with a big fluffy pom pom on the top growing up.  He waited to have a kid so he could put this dag gone hat on their fuzzy head.  And...here you are, playing in the leaves with the Bomber's hat.  

 Mommy wanted to find a photo of Daddy in the hat but couldn't, when I do I will add it to this post... but I did find a photo where Daddy had put your/his bomber hat on his baby sister (your Auntie Kristin) to wear.  

Such a cute photo.
By the time we finished our walk you fell fast asleep nestled in Daddy's arms.  


It feels good passing things down to our son.  I can barely wait the four or five years to pass on my gorilla costume.  Mommy won most ugliest boy costume in a kindergarten Halloween parade.  Luckily I did not have to relinquish said award when I took off my mask and they discovered I was in fact Lisa Foldenauer, a girl.  That's one good costume!

Love, 
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture of Steven and Kristin--very sweet. Love to see things passed down--that is great. AMW

Anonymous said...

Henry, Your Mom was just, simply the best, in that Gorilly costume. She's not telling you this, but I know that the teachers took her all around the school and made her growl for them. She would wave her little skinny arms and gave her utmost energy to the best performance she could give, that day. Love, Gma P