Saturday, June 6, 2009

Visitor

Dear Henry,

Today we had a nice visit, after much phone tag, with Cousin Janie.
We had a nice long talk about our adoption experiences and then we opened the nice gift she brought you. A cute little jump suit, some sweet smellin' bubble bath for Mommy, and a cute little roley poly doll with a jingler on it's head. She reads our blog too so I hope she is excited to make an entry.

It was so nice to see her. She was the flower girl in Grandma P and Crappaw's wedding! I know that was a LONG time ago...(sorry Grandma P and Crappaw) When Mommy was a little girl she really looked up to Janie/ Jane Anne. She was a little older and Mommy thought she was SO movie starlet pretty, really cool, super nice and uber creative. I remember going to her graduation, then to an exhibit of some of her art work, and to her wedding which I thought was one of the most fun times I had had up to that point in my life. I even remember the day after her boy Issac was born. It was close to Mommy's birthday in 1995, I think. There was almost a tornado that day! He was born in the same hospital that you were. I also remember when they were brought together with their second boy, Joey, who made it all the way from Korea! See Henry, our family grows in lots of different ways. Birth with a tornado, from across the world, or in a small town nearby; our family finds each other. I suppose it is kind of like how Mommy and Daddy found each other. I'm glad that Cousin Janie found our number again and gave us a call. Even though we don't see each other often I know how important family is to her, as it is to me and I hope someday it will be for you too. We don't have to see everyone everyday to know that they love us and think about us. Much like we know your birth family thinks and cares about you, Mommy and Daddy!

Mommy will make an effort to keep in better contact with Cousin Janie and other family we've let distance grow between. I want you to know everyone.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learn so many things about sweet, adorable, Henry in this blog. I have also learned some really precious things about his Mommy. Janie has always been very special to me, but I didn't know how special she was to you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Fashionably late, I visited this blog after finding it again on your Facebook page. How surprised I was to find such thoughtful and beautiful words written. This touched my heart more than you'll ever know as I am mourning the loss of my mother-in-law last Friday. It is so true that family is so important to me as I know it is to you and your mom, Lisa. This is such a loving tribute to this precious time in your life. Henry is so blessed to have you and Steve (and of course, you to have him), and what you are doing here is leaving a legacy that will be with him forever.
I WILL plan to come again, because as you have so wonderfully captured, I am just having some major baby lust!! (Mind you, this time around I'm ready to hold them and give them back to their wonderful mommies like you.;)
Thank you so much for your words. And, BTW, I Isaac and you share the same birthday, November 20th. 1992 for Isaac.
Love you all much, Janie