Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kangaroo and her Joey

Dear Henry,

Mommy has not made use of the baby carrier for several weeks because I worried you are not getting enough stimulation turned inward. You would put your little hands on your forehead and fall asleep, peaking up occasionally to make sure Mommy was in fact still there. Daddy and Mommy have tried to put you in outward facing but your lil' melon was still way to floppy to hold it up for very long and your body was not quite long enough for your face to clear the carrier.
Well, last Friday Mommy needed to get some housework done before Grandma La Jean's visit and I put you in the baby carrier frontward facing.

You loved it! You could see, you could kick your lil' legs and bat around your wild arms and hands. Your signal to get out is turning your head back and forth quickly trying to look behind you to see my eyes. I was glad to have you more physically connected to me again and was able to get some house work done, the both of two worlds. Then Saturday at the Farmer's Market you were in again and were fine. Yesterday at the library Mommy could tell you enjoyed it because you were looking around at everything frantically trying to fill your growing brain to full before you passed out again. After about an hour I think you were saturated and you shut down, falling asleep with your head in the crook of my arm. The carrier made it easier for you to look and for me to hold you when you were dreaming about all the wonderful books you might want to read someday. Now, that is a day I can't wait for!

We were also able to see J and the boys yesterday as they made a trip over to Bloomington. We met them outside of the library. You were in the carrier and were having a good time smiling at Tommy and babbling. I said, "I love you," trying to get you to say it in front of J and you did! She was impressed but Tommy was more impressed and said, "Hey! that baby says words," and, "that baby smiled at me!" It was a quick visit but good to see J just the same. She raved over what a chunky monkey you are and told Mommy she was recently able to get updated on the blog while visiting J Mom a week or so ago. We are hoping she is able to go to the IAC picnic this Sunday and bring the boys.

I think we will have to go for a walk today when Daddy gets home so he can put you in the carrier and enjoy your improved ability to control your head and upper body.

I Love you my little joey,
Mommy


No comments: