Friday, June 19, 2009

G_GREAT! E_EGADS! D_DANG!

Dear Henry,

Today we were in Indy so Daddy could get the measurements laid out for his new driving system in his new van and I received the most exciting call!


If you remember many weeks ago we took J to sign up for the GED? Well, today I got a call around 2:00. It was J! She was beside herself with excitement and she shouted into the phone, "I got my GED results back and I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! and I passed with good scores!"

She read out the document in a very official tone and told me how she just could not believe she finally had it completed!

I told her how proud I am of her and how I am so excited I am near tears. I told Daddy and he
was super happy too. J was very nervous about the test and even called Mommy halfway through for a quick Social Studies study session.

Education is so important to Mommy and Daddy, as well as the rest of the world. The pursuit of learning and knowledge are far more important than grades or book smarts, but our world requires us to demonstrate that we have a certain level of knowledge in order to get considered for even basic jobs. The more education or training you have the more likely you are to be your own boss during the work day. You also up the chances of doing something you are really passionate about. J has dreams for her future and earning her GED is many steps closer towards the realization of those dreams.

We are so proud of her and excited because this is something she has wanted for herself for so long. I had to spread the good news too and mark the day in your lil' blog history for you.

Love you, Mommy

PS and here is a photo of you and Daddy :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Baby Henry--you and your parents are so lucky to have one another!! Lots of love.