Friday, October 9, 2009

A Change is Gonna Come

Dear Henry, 

I just can't believe what you've been up to.  You started crawling about 5-6 weeks ago and now have 6 teeth making an appearance, which is amazing in itself because you are just 7 months today.  Last week I am cleaning dishes in the kitchen while I hear from the bedroom Daddy's astonished voice, "Mommy! Mommy!  Come here!  Quick!  You've got to see this!"  Well, Daddy had you in the pack'n'play and you had decided to pull yourself up and over the side to try and crawl out onto Daddy's lap!  So dangerous!  


Therefore, immediately, after I marveled at your he-man strength and took a couple of shots, Mommy moved that pack'n'play down to the bottom level.  


You were clearly unsure about this development and rolled around and smooshed your face against the nylon mesh sides making' your mug all Picassoesque.  You know, is your lip your brow or is it the corner of your nose kind of thing.  

In a couple of days you acclimated to this change after raging around in your baby cage but have now transferred your pull-up skills to Daddy's feet and other objects.  In trying to creep your way over the top of your toy basket to retrieve your Glockenspiel your fat belly became stuck halfway over and I had to rescue you.  You couldn't go forward or backward!  Your efforts were so concentrated when I came behind you and put my hands on your waist to help you out I startled you.  Being persistent, you went right back at it all over again. 



Your new semi-standing position is helping you bring to light new worlds to lick, bite and screech at.  Mommy has to keep an eye on that taffy tongue brush that seems to want to paint the dirtiest or most dangerous of surfaces such as: terrazzo floors, Daddy's tires, electric cords, my camera lens, cart handles, any paper you can get your hands on or your stroller wheels.

So happy to see you grow up, so sad to know there is a day you will start your own life and throw ole Mommy to the curb.

Love, 
Mommy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Lisa, Steven & Lil Henry - I don't have any boys - however, I can not EVEN imagine Lil Henry even every "throwing Mommy to the curve". All the love so seen thru your blog - Oh my GOSH - how he's growing, How much he is SOOOOOO loved, Once again, I will thank God for leading J to you & Steven!!
I so love you & thank you once again for doing this Blog thing so I can watch him GROW - so happily!!
Love You - JMom

Brook said...

So cute! By the way - I find your blog banner a little disturbing.

Just kidding, it rocks!!