Monday, March 30, 2009

The Force is strong in this one...

Dear Henry,
Since you're only 3 weeks old (Happy 3 week birthday, buddy!) I haven't had a chance to share my favorite movie of all time with you: Star Wars. Don't worry though, we'll watch it together soon and I'll explain to you all the stuff you need to know - and I'll make sure to show you the movies in the order that Mommy and Daddy saw them: Episodes 4, 5, 6, then Episodes 1, 2, and 3.

Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is because today I was chatting with my friend Tim, who is a really awesome comic book artist, and I casually mentioned how I'd love to see a sketch of you wrasslin' some Bounty Hunters. About 15 minutes later, Tim sends me this...



It won't make much sense to you now, but when you're 7 or 8 I bet you'll think it's pretty cool. I hope I'll be as good of a teacher to you as this little green guy was, and if I live to be 900 years old like him I hope you don't put me in a Nursing Home on Dagobah.

Love you I do!!

Love, Daddy.

3 comments:

Lisa T. said...

Ah! What a special picture.
Don't worry honey I will support your pursuit of having a child as well versed in Star Wars as you are.

I know how long you've been waiting for your little Yoda.
love wifey

Samantha said...

Aw,i love how Yoda is gently snuggling butter bean! So precious!

Grandma LaJean said...

I love the drawing and can't wait to see Hank enjoy the Star Wars movies with his daddy and mommy.