Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bee Beep Peep

Dear Peep, 
We are a creative crew here in the Thompson house.  We had a delivery today that was contained in a perfectly square, perfectly Peep size box with the contents wrapped in that silver bubble wrap insulation stuff.  As a secondary thought I threw the box and bubble wrap into the living room while I put away the stuff.  After cleaning up the kitchen I came into the living room and you were still playing with the box and wrap.  I asked you if wanted to make a robot.  You perked way up and with super excitement and our little impromptu project came to life.  I asked you what else we should use for our robot and you grabbed a little cascade tabs tub Grandma P had earlier cleaned out for you to stuff things in.  I said, "Great idea!  Where do you want to put it?"  Front and center we created a robot pocket you could put stuff into.  We set about looking for some "knobs" and settled on a couple of milk jug lids and a glue stick lid.  We had to go down stairs and use the drill, of course!  You were down for business and drilled the holes in each cap and into the box while I got the pipe cleaners ready to fasten them into place.  I found a little twist on light and a flameless "candle" and we drilled a whole in the front of the robot pocket to place the candle.  We put the twist on light the front of your hat. 
 

You were fully engaged and on it for an entire hour plus!  We tried it on and it looked pretty tuff!  We decided to go outside to wave to cars from the side walk.    Honestly, you were tired at this point and I didn't get the coolest pictures because you didn't give me much opportunity.  Daddy and I both believe this is one of those things we will remember for a very long time.  A total family effort.  I wonder what we will build next.
Love, Mama

No comments: