Thursday, May 27, 2010

Henry Be Shoppin'

Dear Henry, 
As a little girl I stayed home with my mommy too, your Grandma P.  One of our "things" was to go to the grocery store and she would pack up my little fisher price shopping cart so I could shop too.  As I grew a little older she would tell me something to get and with her close by I would find it and put it in my little cart.  Last week we went over to Grandma P's and she and Crappaw were cleaning out the attic.  One of the found treasures was my little shopping cart...something Daddy and I were just talking about a few days before.  We brought it home with us and gave it a test drive in front of the house.  You seemed to enjoy pushing it so that night when we went to the grocery I loaded it up in my car.  You made your first 
pass through the grocery and seemed to love it, especially when I put something new into it.  One would have thought there was a celebrity in the grocery the way heads were turning, fingers were pointing and oooh's and aaaah's were released.  It was a weird feeling for me.  I have to say part of me felt little again watching you with my little cart.  I thought of the fun I had being home with my mommy.  See Peep, I can remember being that little girl and thinking how great my mommy is and that I can't wait to be a mommy too. I hope that you someday think on the speck of years we get to spend our entire days and nights together with happiness and contentment.  As for this 30 minutes in the grocery, it was one of the most exciting days of my life. 
Love, Mama

No comments: