Thursday, July 2, 2009

Grandpa Tim

Dear Henry,

This week Grandpa Tim came to Indiana all the way from Florida. He had not seen you since
you were just three weeks old! You are a much different person from when you were only three weeks old! Grandpa Tim had a lot to catch up with you on so he took you for a short walk around his woods and introduced you to his tractor.

Grandpa Tim loves John Deer and was excited to sit you up in that tall seat for the first time. Then he sat with you on the back porch of his barn talking and playin' with ya.



Daddy was happy to see how much Grandpa Tim loves you even though the miles have made it hard for him to see you. You're just that special. I do think it will be harder for Grandpa Tim to leave ya all the way up here in Indiana without seeing you again for three months. After all, you smiled at him. Your magic is workin' its way deep into his soul and there is no gettin' it out once it is there.

We also stopped by Grandma LaJean's and Great Grandma Hazel's after lunch at Zaharako's, which was much improved over our previous experience. We snapped a quick photo with both of your Thompson grandparents and moved on to Crappaw and Grandma's. We took Grandpa Tim back to the farm and drove back to Bloomington. It was a quick but fun visit and I'm
glad you were able to see so many family members in one day.




I've neglected to post about last week at the Foldenauer reunion. There was so much that happened and Mommy took so many photos it was hard to pick and choose. I'll try to get to it!

Love you,
Mama

Might I add, you smell extra delicious today!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Hey guys! I heard a rumor a few weeks back about the new baby Thompson and Dave just sent me a link to this page yesterday.

It is amazing how much love you feel for your child as a parent... I never thought I would be the sappy daddy, but my heart literally aches every time I have to leave Abilene.

You guys are in for some really great stuff. If Henry needs a little girlfriend, Abilene is a good play date.