Monday, October 8, 2012

Always a Helper

Dear Laundry Partner, 
Last night I decided to do some laundry while you and Daddy were finishing up an episode of Green Lantern.  A short while you came in and offered your help.  You're good about that, offering help.  So I told you I could use some more hangers from your closet.  You jetted down the hall, my ear peaked to hear if you were doing what I asked.  My first clue that your interpretation of the task at hand was not the same as mine should have been when you brought in Daddy's "Kickaburra" shirt he wore as a boy.  I sent you back... tick tock time was passing.  I came down the hall and walk in your room and feel my blood start to boil as I look at the floor PILED WITH EVERY LAST SHIRT, SWEATER AND T-SHIRT IN YOUR CLOSET...then a shiny smiley faced boy atop of his shoe bin says, "Look Mommy what I did! I got you some hangers!"  Well, my blood settled and I could only laugh.  You were mighty proud of being a big help.  I explained what I was really asking for and your smile fell flat then you started to giggle with me.  
We spent the next half hour picking it all back up and then me shouting at you because you kept jumping on the pile cracking hangers.  But ah, I love when you want to help me!
Love, Mama

No comments: