Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Spatula, My Friend

Dear Henry,
You've added a new "buddy" title to your status... Bakin' Buddy...
You love your spatula and cling to it like life itself.  If you can find it in the drawer or fish it quickly from a momentarily open dishwasher you do.  Quick Draw McGraw you are with that thing. You walk around the house with it, taste on it hoping with the greatest hope there will be sweet batter clinging to the surface.  Often I find you taking it to Dadoo for a quick taste too.   I've been baking a lot lately.  Deliciousness such as but not limited to muffins, chocolate angel food cake, red velvet cake, cookies, brownies, chocolate mousse, and tomorrow night it is an apple crisp.  Tryin' to make sure my boys are happy, and apparently fat.  Dadoo works so hard that I want him to have delicious treats.  Recently we spent an evening mixing up chocolate chip white chocolate chip cookies with Dadoo and you and your spatula were in heaven.  So eager you are to mix, dump the heaping cups of flour into the bowl for me, roll out the butter from its shiny wrapping and did I mention and ultimately taste the batter for freshness and sweetness.  Your eyes gleam in a particular way in these moments.  Notice the breadth of your mouth to get maximum lick area on that spatula!  My gosh! Are you human?
I think you know that when we let you do this it really isn't healthy or nutritious and that makes it all the more right and good.
I Love ya, Mama  
**NO WORRIES, if you have eaten any of our cookies or baked goods, if others are eating them that slimy spatula doesn't make it near the real bowl of stuff.

No comments: