Sunday, September 19, 2010

Deer! Deer! and blog post #300

Dear Henry, 
This is blog post number 300! and you are 1 year, 6 months, 10 days old.  That's a post every couple of days of your life.  Last year people would ask Mama if I could/ would keep the blog up after a year.  I wasn't sure exactly...but I just feel like it is an important record for you, your life, your open adoption, and your family.  I know all of your family reads here to find out what kind of things you're up to and in a sense can be with you where distance or circumstance may make it difficult to be with you in person.  To be honest it also gives me something to do with the photos I am obsessed with taking of you.  Believe it or not I don't make many prints and the only photos I have up of you in the house are our 10th anniversary photo in oldie tyme clothes and your dumb, chain store, cheesy background photos that are inexpensive and fun to do.  I think the reason why is because I can't choose between them all.  It is the same reason we don't have family photos up...I can't choose.  Silly, but there is always a photo I like better around the corner, or you change so quickly a month old photo can feel so out of date.  I just have to buckle down and get some family/Peep picts up!

I also wanted to tell you about how much you love watching the deer right now.  We get them in our yard daily.  Sometimes one, sometimes 4, as many as 5, babies and adults.  The other night you were out back sitting on Dadoo's lap and exclaimed, "DEER!" 

Since that night every morning you rush to the front window hoping that one more back ho will drive by (the city has been working to update storm lines up the street), then rush to the back and hope there is a deer running around.  I appreciate how observant you are.  Sometimes we find a grumpy looking ground hog with a rapidly expanding waistline due to all of the acorns our three pin oaks shed.  For ole whistle pig you send him salutatory grunts.  It is fun to see you begin to take on some interests.
Love, Mama

2 comments:

Doug said...

Lisa, That is a beautiful picture of the fawn. Is that in your back yard? If so, I am eternally envious! (Although my hostas are grateful.☺)

Now is the time to nurture those interests! I am so excited about that. Make sure to keep us posted on them as they change (daily!).

See ya!
Doug

Anonymous said...

You live in a beautiful place, Lisa!

Tammy