Friday, September 10, 2010

Minature Clean Up

Dear Henry, 
When I clean you're by my side stealin' my sponge or trying to maneuver my broom.  As a kid I had constant dreams of a world where everything was transformed to kids size, including a kid size olive green Nova car like my mom and dad's that I could drive to school.  So I got to thinkin' if the boy likes to clean than he shall have the tools to clean.  It seems like a win win for me.  You'll be busy and a spot or two will be swept, dusted or polished by a hand other than mine.  Mama went to the dollar store, my favorite place, and Great Aunt Judy, rest her soul, would have been proud.  I found a big people broom but the head was kid sized, a squirt bottle, some sponges, a towel and a bucket with a rope handle for $6 you had your very own cleanin' bucket.  
At home I used a coping saw to make the broom handle Peep length and reglued the rubber grip to keep your hand safe from any metal burrs left on the end.  I clearly put your name on your spray bottle and added water and a couple drops of peppermint extract for a fresh scent.  I added a Swiffer duster to the bucket to finish it off.  While you were napping I set it all up in the kitchen so you would have a surprise when you woke up.  
You woke up and I had you run to the kitchen.  When you came around the door you exclaimed, "OH!" and went running to check it out.  You loved it!  Scrubbed the floor a bit, squirted your bottle and handled the broom.  When Dadoo arrived home from a hard days work you shined his shoes.   
This was an inexpensive way to make you happy and fun too!  Now on to your own cabinet of pint sized kitchen stuff.
Love, Mama

No comments: