Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Feet Stink Oh! So! GOOD!

Dear Henry, 
Okay, this could be another post that might embarrass you but it covers such a constant in our lives that I cannot fail to mention it.  Since J pushed you into this world we have loved your little feet. The first photos I took of you at home were actually of your wrinkly pink tootsies.  They were all crackin' and dry so I lovingly slathered on baby oil to smooth them out.  About that same time Daadoo and I started kissin' those little piggies and playin' the, "your feet are so stinky game," with you.  We snarl our nose, squint our eyes and declare as we swipe our hand under our noses and up, "EWE! EWE! STINKY!"  

You giggle and smile and snarl your nose back.  Quickly, even before you walked, you would kiss at Mommy's feet, pet them and bite my toes.  You love it so much you started doing this to yourself then offerin' your foot up to our faces to share a whiff.  
As you became more mobile you would smell our feet and say, "stinky!" You do this to other's too.  Heather's pretty red toenails do not escape your pats.  At night we zip your socks off much like Bahboo did for me when I was a young girl (eh, I'll say it! I have no shame!) and also through high school and even when I was home from college sometimes.  We pull on the sock toes and make your legs fly around wildly and make a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound until the sock parts your sweaty foot in a grand gesture.  You can't get enough of this and I do believe if you could you'd put those socks back on for a repeat performance.  It seems as if this playin' around may have created a misunderstanding of how one shows love to another.  
No alarm yet, as it seems you may be starting to turn on this as just today you gave Bahboo and Grandma P a kiss on the cheek repeatedly.  We've had so much fun with this and now you smell your own feet to tell us just how stinky they are.  Sometimes I tell Dadoo that I'm not really lookin' forward to those feet becoming big, hairy, smelly teenager feet, but I'm sure looking forward to you being around.  Just make sure you get some odor eaters though Peep.
Love, Mama  

No comments: