Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Papa and Peep Read and Laugh

Dear Henry, 
Mommy is well behind in posts due to the holidays and it is just killing me to let some extremely endearing moments go unnoticed so I'm going to do my best to not get further behind as well as trying to catch up on the last 3 weeks!  So to back track, once again, brings me back to a great evening with you and Daddy.

While Mommy was making spaghetti for dinner Daddy started to read the books we checked out at the library that afternoon.  Mommy had chosen books with a Daddy theme so I think he was particulary happy to read them with his sweet boy.  

As Daddy finished the books, some of them twice through, he started to tease you a bit.  He would lean over to you and growl, smoochie your warm neck, or nibble at your shoulder. This sent you into fits of giggles and snorts. It was music to my ears!  My boys playing before dinner.  I love you both so much it has the mass and weight of the planets, the light and heat of the sun, the finite softness of chick down...you get the picture.  

 
We happily ate spaghetti.  You enjoyed the ground turkey, a touch given to us from Mommy Heather.  This was your first spaghetti dinner.  When Mommy was growing up she always thought when Grandma P made spaghetti dinner that it was a really special meal she had to work really hard to make.  When Mommy got older and made he own food in college she realized that spaghetti is deceptively simple.  So I guess you will grow up knowing the truth; when Mommy makes spaghetti it is because she is tired, worn out and not in the mood to do something more complicated.  I hope that you'll always be laughing with Papa. 
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book has a nice theme.... I started buying books for my husband to read to our daughter because there were TONS of mama books.... I like the idea of this one...I imagine your husband is like this...

http://www.amazon.com/Because-Your-Daddy-Loves-You/dp/0547237642/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260384363&sr=1-5