Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Early

Dear Henry, 
 It was time for another visit with J, Tommy and Uriah.
We've seen her at least once a month for all of your 9 months.
Mommy wouldn't have it any other way.  This visit was to take the boys and J the presents we've had stashed away for them since their birthdays.  
They were super excited and I was happy to see they loved what we brought them.  Mommy made them try and guess what we bought them and Tommy guessed robots.  I'm not sure who he knows your robot theme but I thought it was really funny.

For Tommy we got him this dragon action thing that had a little man with it.  He loved it and looked super surprised.  Uriah really likes tractors so we found him a tractor that can be used with those large building blocks.  It has a hatch that a little man sits in.  For the two of them to share we gave them a large bag of blocks.  They were building towers in no time flat and blocks were everywhere.  For J we found some warm new PJ's, cool socks, and some new underwear.  I suppose you have to be a girl to understand how great it is to have some new PJ's, socks and underwear.

You immediately latched on to a big yellow truck the boys had and played and played, periodically stopping to  check out what the bigger boys were doing or to pat Tommy's hair.  You particularly liked watching them launch themselves off of the coffee table over and over again so Mommy could take their picture.  I caught several jumps in mid-air, to their delight.  They took turns nicely and practiced counting before they jumped.

 
It was a really nice visit.  J's house was full of Christmas decorations, cozy and warm.  It is coming up on 1 year since Mommy and Daddy first started speaking with J.  It is really hard to believe that!  She called us at 5:35 on December 25th while Mommy was in the bathroom and Daddy was with Crappaw and Uncle Gary renting the Day the Earth Stood Still (so appropriate a title).  Mommy came back from the bathroom to see that there was a call and listened to the voice mail and about peed my pants despite where I had just been.  Grandma P was in bed with a really bad flu.  Mommy flung open the door screaming obsenities at her wondering what the heck we were going to do.  We were speaking with another woman at the time from South Dakota and it looked hopeful that she might place her child with us but when I heard J Mommy knew.  I think this is why I felt so freaked out!  I stood in the kitchen with Crappaw listening to it.  I knew.  Mommy called her straight back.  She was sweet and kept telling me that we were the parents of her child, a healthy son.  She received our letter from our mutual doctor and had been holding on to it thinking about us since early September.  We met her and her sister right after the new year.  She was cute and round with you safe inside.  It felt so right from the beginning.  I can't believe what a gift you and J have been my little Peep Peep.  J tells us, for her, we are the gift to you not the other way around.  Sigh.  What can top that kind of honor. What can?  There is nothing.ever.that could.  It is humbling that we get to be so lucky.  I think this is the first time sharing this story here but with the season here it can't be left out.  I still have the message saved on my cell phone and someday we will listen to it together.  Just in case, I've transcribed it and have it saved in two places just in case my cell dumps it.

_________
After a couple of hours we needed to get home to meet Daddy so we packed up and readied to leave.  J gave you big squeezes and secured you in your car seat while I got you some water for your bottle.  She said I love you and (like the rest of us) that she can't wait for the day when you start giving tight hugs back.  For now your wave and cute smile with have to suffice.


Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, thank you for sharing such a special moment. You are ALL lucky:)