Friday, December 14, 2012

Lazer Baby, Robber Daddy, Spidey Son

Dear Henry and Hazel, 
Tonight you, Henry decided to play robber lazer baby with your sister, Hazel and Daddy.  This usually means you're trying to be Spiderman, Daddy is a robber and Hazel can shoot lazers and you try to save the house from them all.  Daddy was in the office.  I was in the kitchen cooking.  Hazel was rockin' in her swing.  In a couple of minutes I heard Daddy doing one of those somewhat frantic yelling from the office to come quick, like right now voices!  I run down the hall screaming, "What, What,What?"  I enter and you tell me you got robber baby.  I can't process, I can't make sense of the immediacy of your Daddy's voice.  Then, A connects to B and I see that you have gotten your sister out of the swing, carried her across the stone floor, down the hall into the office because she is NOW HANGING FROM YOUR ARMS, facing outwards you have your arms clamped underneath her arm pits.  She can't stop smiling.  My wide eyes take you in and she smile at me proudly and day, "She is heavy!"  I slowly take smiling Hazel and put her on Daddy's lap.  We calmly remind you to let us know if you are going to try and pick up lazer sister because it can be dangerous.  You agree and then you and Daddy and Hazel go back to playing lazer baby/robber Daddy.  Oh boy!
Love, Mama  

No comments: