Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Down, Down, Over

Dear Henry, 
Down, Down, Over...these are the words I used Monday as I held your chub of a paw, wrapped around a pen inside my hand.  I guided your hand 5 or 6 times on a post it note to mark your first H for Henry, ever.  I was trying to divert your attention from my computer and thought, eh, why not try.  So I made a few for you, guided you, then said, "Now see if you can do it yourself baby."  And guess what?!  You did.  We practiced again yesterday.  I was gloating about your skill when Grandma P and Bahboo picked you up for a couple of nights sleep over so I could recover from having Shingles .  I sat you down in your booster seat and put paper in front of you and said, "Henny, make an H for them, draw them an H."  and... YOU DID!  Whilst saying, "down, down.o"  You were so proud you started handing them all of the papers you've been drawing, stickin' stickers to and "writing" on all at once. 
At least you can do this for now.  I know how things can come to a kid and then not resurface until later but I'm still excited for you.  In the last week we've also been working on the idea of circles.  You can point them out if I ask you to find one.   I asked you to draw a circle, after showing you, guiding you and then setting you on your own to try. You did!  I mean it is a blobby one but, eh! Who cares! You have the idea, we'll work on perfection later.  I do like that in all of this brilliance you had a hard time keeping the scented markers out of your mouth so you looked a little wild.  
When Dadoo arrived home I showed him your papers and he came beside you to see the new trick.  He was really impressed and proud of you!  ....and once again you had to eat the markers...your face was covered in ink anyway so Dadoo and I decided to draw on your face a mustache oldie tyme style.
I happened to be texting with your birth mom J on Monday after the big event and shared your abilities with her via story and photo.  She replied, "Hellsss Yea, he's gonna be a genius!!!"  To which I said, "fer sure, by nurture and nature sista."  J said, "Yup.lol"
We are all so proud of you and your desire to try new things.  You've been quite the fun boy lately.  My little buddy patting and fixing my bangs in the morning and rubbin' Dadoo's arm. My sweet boy.  We love having our first refrigerator art.


Love, Mama
PS I love seein' your little curls comin' back just in time for fall.
PSS The little cut by your eye, I had the dishwasher three fourths of the way shut and going and you decided to stick your head in it at lightening speed I didn't have the chance to stop.  I hated it!  I felt so bad. 

No comments: