Thursday, December 4, 2014

MINE!

Dear Hazie, 
A couple of weeks ago I took pictures for a local preschool. The kids were all super cute and you got to come alone with me and play.  You've loved it. You're ready for a little preschool, but I am not ready to let you go a few hours a week yet.  Anyway, you integrated into each room as if you attended every day and the kids were your best friends.  Every so often, just in case I forgot you would come stand in front of a kid I was trying to get a picture of...and a couple of times while my hand was fixing a child's hair or adjusting a shirt you jumped between us an said, "My mom! MINE!"  or you'd stand behind me and wrap your little boa constrictor arms around my neck while I took shots of the kids.  You even pushed a girl sternly looking them in the eye repeating, "MINE, MINE! MY mommy."  I am not one of those parents who views my children as possessions but for these moments I felt pretty grateful you were feeling possessive of me.  
My heart swelled a little, because yes, in fact, I am your mama.  So grateful, always to WW for this chance to be the mom of such a sweet little loving sasspot baby girl.
Love, Mama

No comments: