Sunday, August 31, 2014

Movie Time

Dear Kidlets,
Tonight you really wanted to have family movie night so Daddy helped you choose one. You are so into animals right now that you settled on, "Turkles."  "Turkles," is a tale of sea turtles and a group of kids trying to catch turtle poachers. Very informational with top notch over acting, which gave my brain yet another opportunity to reflect on my gratitude for our two little spirited babies, neither of you are so much babies anymore. I'll note here, if I ask you, Hazel, how old you are, you will let me know in both gesture and voice that you are, "Tewwooo!" I have to think of your beautiful birth moms as I look at your sparkling faces and feel so much honor and love for them and you both that I get to have these moments with you, the ones where you can't get cuddled close enough with me and you copy how I am laying and how I move. I am grateful we get to share the dance party make up days and firsts with you. Henry you are so curious you can't stop talking and asking questions even during a movie as riveting as, "Turkles." It is all pretty awesome, this mom thing... even on days when Hazel dumps an entire bag of popcorn on the living room floor or a movie's already lacking good dialog can't be followed because Henry has to ask me the 100th question or we have 10 melt does we have to negotiate out of or nobody eats the dinner I made or I am tired and want to go to the bathroom by myself for once, I never wish for anything different. Love, Mama

No comments: