Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet Up

Dear Henny Bear,
So happy that we were able to get in a visit with JoJo, T and Little Jo before school started.  We all met up at the Children's Museum with our packed lunches and excitement to be together.  Our arrival was greeted by T running to me and giving me a big hug.  How sweet!  Then he turned to you while I hugged JoJo... I watched over JoJo's shoulder to see the two of you stare at each other a minute.  You gave each other a double high five that melted into laced fingers and swinging your arms together while you both gave out a bright, "HI!"  MELTED my heart! I caught a shot a second before you let go. It is the sweetness of open adoption and that you and your birth bros know, care and enjoy each other that makes an hours drive mute and essential, not to mention I love chit chatting with my friend, J.  We ate our lunches and you and T were anxious to get to the first thing, but first you all went down the slide together while Hazel and I waved you on.  
We bounced from area to area trying on Chinese opera costumes, playing at the sand and water table, creating your own Chihuly sculpture together, going on the carousel, pretending to be in a dinosaur nest, and playing in the ice cream shoppe.  








Lil' Jo and Hazel crossed paths back and forth and danced together to the carousel music while you and T climbed and hid from each other.  It was a really nice afternoon!  It was hard for you to leave and you avoided it, but then we regrouped and took a couple of great pictures of us all in front of Bumblebee.  
Love getting together. I can't believe how much you are all growing up.  It is so special to share these times together.  
Love, Mama 


No comments: