Thursday, June 13, 2013

Music and Gettin' Your Booty Shakin' On!

Dear Booty Shakers, 
Lately we've been really getting our dance on.  One awesome week we decided to go down to the library and went to first grab a little lunch to find out that People's Park had an African music and dance group playing.  You both were so excited!  We grabbed two hot dogs and a root beer from the hot dog cart and were on our way to a special afternoon.  We sat up front and Hazel sat on the ground in front of me.  One of our occupational therapy goals for you this week, Hazel, was to have you opening your hands and raising them more.  I know the amazing role music has played in my life, I shouldn't have been surprised that it got you doing these two things for almost an hour.  You watched the dancers with a a big smile and intense look and put your arms out just like theirs and moved back and forth, clapping at the end of each song.  Henry wouldn't get up and do his fancy footwork but he did rock around too while eating his hot dog and sharing a root beer.   You told me you have to, "drink your root beer with your mother around it so the spicy (bubbles) don't bite your lips."  
 It was such a great, unexpected time. I wasn't able to capture her happiness dancing.  Henry tried.


Just before we left, Hazel slept through our library visit.
I sat there in the breezy warm sun and thought what a lucky, fortunate woman I am, complete with a boy, a girl and a hardworking, loving husband.  
Love, Mama

No comments: