Friday, March 1, 2013

The Anatomy of The Cupcake Heist

Dear Henny Poo, 
This isn't the first time and won't be the last time that Mama caught you in a fib.  That's right, we've reached the fibbing stage.  Let's hope it is a stage because I REALLY don't like it and we don't allow you to get away with it.  This particular time I had my camera in my hands as I was walking into the kitchen to plug it in and I spotted the place of 4 cupcakes with only 3 and called you into the room.  At first I played it cool and said nothing and you looked up at me and said with your mouth all wrinkled to one side, "What? What Mommy?" 
What? Who? Me?
I said, "Oh, What do you mean Hen?  Oh, Hey!  There is a cupcake missing!  Did you eat it?"
You said, "No! I didn't eat it."
Notice the eyes diverted from my glare?  "No!"  but the nervous hands tell another story
I said, "You didn't?  Are you sure?"  
You went into a full on head scratch maneuver to try and divert my attention with a story about how there really were ONLY three and I was mistaken and you just moved around the Star Wars guys on top. 
After three probing, "Reallys?!"  you broke down and the truth came out.  You did eat it.  Mama knows!  
Note the attempt at big shiny eyes to try and melt my heart along with the soft, "Yes."
I then inquired if you ate it all and if you threw the wrapper away, at the very least!  You popped down behind the counter and when you emerged you had a paperless cupcaked gnawed all over that you had stored in the toekick of the cabinet! Ewe!  
Hmm, looking a little smug and proud for just getting caught.
I had already told you that you could have one after lunch and you declined at the time thus you really weren't in trouble.    Always be truthful little Hen and ask first, the entire thing could have been avoided.  
Love, Mama  

No comments: