Thursday, August 9, 2012

Goofy bird

Dear Bust, 
There has been a lot happening lately and I've neglected to keep up on your life on the blog.  I think it has been a couple of weeks.  Oh! and my camera broke and had to be sent off so that put a crimp in my lifestyle for a month or more.  We went on a trip to St. Louis and have some big changes coming.  So what have you been doing in the mean time?  You've been playing super hero a lot.  Spending time with cousin Tony and Jonny.  We even took Jonny to the Wonder Lab, he loved it to.  We met JoJo, Tommy and Uriah at the park for a fun afternoon, by the end of it Daddy had all three boys and a girl nobody knew hanging off of his chair taking rides around the park.   

You've been taking showers as if I am a car wash and you are the car, scooting around in a circle around my legs while I spray soap on, give you a pressure wash and you call out for the buffer pads (two washcloths I swish back and forth over your back) and finally a spot free rinse.  You've been making a lot of comparisons and contrasts lately.  Yesterday you touched the asphalt in the sun and comment how freakin' hot is is and then touched in the shaded area and made me touch to show me how cool things are in the shade.  You've been caring for your stuffed things a lot, having me teach you how to swaddle.  You will dragged them all into the kitchen to get them to bed or pile them all on top of me or daddy.  

We've gone out to Heather's new house a couple of times and gotten muddy fossil and animal hunting in their super awesome creek.   You are still into Marty McFly and Back to the Future.  You make us listen and dance to The Power of Love regularly and really had a big day when we found an orange vest at the garage sales for three bucks.  
You've also been testing us a lot.  Mostly you're really sweet and well behaved but you like to pull out your rebel a couple of times a day.  You've picked up a few bad phrases from your Back to the Future obsession, one example would be 'Butt Head!'.  Mommy is REALLY over being called butt head, so today you called me lemon head instead.  A small improvement.  We may need to get your hearing tested again because I feel like I am saying the same thing a lot... like just now, "Please pick up Mr. Potatoe head."  I repeated it 4 times before you sprang to action.  
You giggle a lot now, race a lot and love to listen to chapter books begging for just one more chapter before bed time.  Tonight we are going to find out who stole the skeleton in "School Skeleton."  You cry, "But Mommy! I just NEEEEEEEEED to know."  Tonight little buddy.
We love you peep peep and still, could you please pick up Mr. Potato head?
Love, Mama

No comments: