Friday, May 6, 2011

When things get quiet...

Dear Henoosk, 
When things get quiet it is time to hunt you down.  Most of the day you are by my side playing, doing whatever I am doing or vice versa.  Then a minute here or there you go this way and I go that and as long as I hear you I can go about putting the dishes away or hanging some laundry, but when things go quite...I am on a manhunt for a 3ft tall 28lb 2 year old with curly locks, quick wit and lightening speed for find himself a "situation."  
The last two incidents...
1. You had just peed in the toilet and didn't want to leave the bathroom, in an effort to get you out I turned off the light and went back into the living room.  I heard you in there standing on your step stool talking to yourself in the mirror and then static....my cue to find you asp.
* I entered the bathroom to find you had turned on the light, climbed back up on the step stool and were moisturizing your hair with loads of hand lotion.  You'd smack a handful in, rub it around vigorously and look at yourself in the mirror with a self praising gaze.  You did this over and over and over and over again, even offering me a handful.  My baby was a little greaseball.
2.  You love the bowls in the kitchen and pull them out everyday to pretend you're cooking for me.  You were in the kitchen, I was in the living room and I hear the bowls shuffling, clank, clank, clink, clank and then static....then rustling...but no talking.
 *I go into the kitchen and first see the bowls all lined up along the edge of the island and I pan up to you gnawing through a cellophane wrapper encasing a marshmallow bunny, with three or four wrappers strewn around your feet.  You bite a little piece off, pick it out of your mouth and toss it in a bowl and say, "Here Mommy, this is for you to mix up."  Then you continued gnawing through that paper.  My baby was a little wild animal gettin' him some chocolate.
You never fail to make me laugh in a day.  I am grateful for these moments.  I am also grateful my camera is always only an arm lengths away so I may share these moments with your future self.
Love, Mama

No comments: