Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm 2, My name is Henny Thompson

Dear Birfday Peep, 
2 years old!!!  This year we had a super duper birthday party duo with your buddy Devo.  Mike and Megan had arranged for us to rent a bouncy house and the Harmony gym so we could have lots of running space with little hassle for the little dude and dudettes at your party.  We kept our list this year to mostly friends and mostly kids under five due to the bouncy house and kids runnin' around but it was a blast!  Mama stayed up till 2 creating Yo Gabba Gabba cupcakes with icing and fondant.  Mike made the Muno cupcakes with a marshmallow eye.  Daddy stayed up makin' a mix on his I pod.   It was fun to have all of your little friends there.  Lily was a jumpin' queen and Devo ruled the house.  You liked to get in and lay on your back smiling as others got you to pop into the air.  We sang happy birthday for each of you.  Then you spent the rest of the time taking turns with Devo riding and pushing each other on his cart with the handle.  Every so often you'd nicely switch off with someone else too.  No fighting!  Except for one time you pushed Devo to the side to give Abilene a ride.  Not very cool Henry!  Great turn taking over all for little dudes though.  I felt really proud of you.  
 

Today on your actual birthday we are making stroganoff and having a little cake.  This morning when I got you up you told me, "I am two!"  I asked you what you wanted for your birthday and you said, "I want breadsticks, a milkshake, and oatmeal."  That was easy enough to deliver.  Daddy and I talked about your birthday at the hospital when you were born and we texted Jo Jo a message with a video of you jumping off of the couch.  She sent us a video with her singing happy birthday to you.  This made you very happy.  I must mention that you are tuff as nails at 2.   Before we could stop you, one of your candles was put out with your fingers!  We love you with all of our hearts Peep squeak-a-doo.  I'm so happy that I have a boy that is two!  I wouldn't change any part of it.
Love you!, Mama  

4 comments:

Mason said...

Happy Birthday lil' teamsie. I had lots of fun at your party!

Mike said...

Happy Birthday Henry! We are so glad that Devo has you for a friend! We hope your special day was awesome!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! Such light and laughter you bring into the world. I hope one day my little Dylan will get to meet you, because I think you are one cool dude.

Amie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Henry!!! Two already...where does the time go?