Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Florida, Henry Loves You But You're Whoopin' Its Butt!

Dear Hen-rida, 
After weeks of talking to you about our impending plans to drive the 1000 miles to Florida to visit Grandpa Tim we are alas here!  It was a long trip and for whatever reason the first night we stopped at a hotel and around 6:30 AM I felt you sit up and as I reached my arm around to touch you I felt chunks fall to my hand.  You puked.  The excitement?  Car sickness?  Your guess is as good as mine but after several heaves and a clean up job you were fine and went back to sleep.  You had seen so much on our trip already.  Dinosaur World in Kentucky was closed but the entrance holds a mighty Triceratops.  I got you out of the van and you exclaimed, "TRICERATOPS BIG!"  Huh?  I mean you have a triceratops at home that I may have named a few times here and there but you are always surprising me with what you know.   
The next morning we ate at a Waffle House, Daddy made sure you heard the Waffle House song.  You weren't tame there, you threw straws from a cup all over the kitchen area.  Oh boy!  The next stop we saw a giant cow at a rest stop.  You walked around it, kissed its legs and proclaimed the utter something other than what it is..."Mama, that's a penis."
You really make me laugh sometimes. 
Love, Mama

1 comment:

Doug said...

We've NEVER managed to find Dinosaur World open. We've driven that route at many different times of the year. I've come to the conclusion that it's a drug front since there's never actually anyone there.

Hope Henry continues to feel better!

Doug