Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Third then Fourth

Dear Hen, 
Your last day of 3rd grade. WHAT!!! This really did happen super fast. People say that, the kids grow up super fast.  You really do.  You're 9 now and grew 6 inches since last summer and now wear my tennis shoes.  This was a year where you matured a lot and gained many levels of self confidence.  You got through testing, which you take very seriously, with a pass and pass plus.  You felt really great about that.  We were really proud of how much work it was for you yet you still excelled.  It is hard for you to do writing projects without a constant sounding board.  You worked very hard on finding ways to do this in class.  Mommy and daddy and your teachers were very proud of you.  We love that you and Hazel will be together next year.  It is such an exciting time in our family to have you both in school learning and growing to become your best selves.  I love how as we put another version of you in our pile of memories a new one emerges with the vestiges of the last, 
funny, goofy, inquiring, struggling, trying new things and appreciating your friendships.
I really enjoyed your outdoor end of the year program.  You were full of anticipation and you drilled into me many times how much you wanted us there.  It was beautiful day and I wasn't the only wet cheeked parent there after you sang I Lava You.  
(Or Hazel likes to say, Balava).  It chokes me up every time!  You were excited when you finally caught my eye before you began singing.  I couldn't miss you.  You had a carefully planned outfit for the performance.  See picture below.



 "I have a dream
I hope it will come true
That you're here with me
And I am here with you
I wish that the earth, sea, and the sky up above
Will send me someone to lava"

My hope was answered.
I lava you, 
Mama

No comments: