Sunday, March 23, 2014

No Sleep Till 2 AM

Dear Hazelita,
I feel your late night owl sleep patterns are correcting themselves back to normal (normal for you has been sleeping through the night until at least 7:30 since the day we brought you home)...and as I typed this I know I am threatening the sleeping beddy bedtime gawds to shake your bed and tickle your toe and wake you up.  You're not a cranky teether, just an awake one.  So the other evening I took pictures of what a baby lady does at 2 AM.  The answer, just about everything.  
You like to play with your little barn, only at this late hour.
You love taking the big bricks out of the box, arranging them on the fireplace and putting them all back, and repeat. 
You want something to drink.
You want a little snack.
You want to dance to the music I put on to try and sooth you to sleep, and steal the remote and change the channel to some weird Mexican reggae dance hall music...and then hid the remote, of which I still am searching.
When I asked you where you put it you shrugged your shoulders.
You like to roll on the floor.
You like to pull out the National Geographics and pretend you're reading it while pointing to pictures and making words that may be the languages of some of the people featured.
You like to say new words of your own...like, "Go pee, pee!" 
You also seem to enjoy stopping all the above to mean mug me as if I'M the one keeping YOU up, several times! 
I love it.  You are so funny and ornery at the same time.  It is sweet, cute and some you and me time...but I'll just let you know, we can get all this done by midnight, too.  I am not complaining.  We have friends whose little boy your age doesn't sleep longer than a couple of hours at a time, ever.  I feel for them.  I am also sooooo grateful this is fun for me because it isn't the norm. (Let's keep it that way!)
Love, Mama

No comments: