Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Eye Can See Clearly Now the Fuzz is Gone! All Obstacles Get Out of My Way

Dear Babes, 
I've mentioned before that I have you participate in experiements at IU.  I signed you both up for a couple at IU Optometry, they give ya cool stuff after and a free extensive eye exam.  We already knew Hazel has a very tiny, non-invasive, static cataract, we thought she may need glasses and with some developmental concerns (some muscle weakness, not reaching out, problem solving, motor things) they felt it was time to outfit her with some sweet pink specs. 
Little did we know, suspect or expect but Henry, you needed glasses too!  When the doctor dilated your eyes you were pretty annoyed that one of them was so blurry!  I kept telling you it was just the dilating making the blurry but after your exam it was clear that you had one +1.25 eye and one +.25 eye and needed glasses for close up work.  
You both have been wearing them like old pros and haven't messed with them at all.  When we put yours on Hazellie, you reached, stared, picked and clapped and smiled for a good half hour after.


I am really proud of you both, seemingly adjusting without any issues.  You both look TOO cool.  I'm glad you've joined the four eye club.   Love, Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As usual, great pictures. They both look so cute....and I got to see the glasses in person last weekend! That's what I call a double bonus.
XO
Aunt Linda