Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Little Ditty About Henny and the Coug.

Dear Henny, 
We had a lovely afternoon together with lunch starting at The Bake House.  You were being so sweet, despite concerns your seat with Daddy wasn't available because he had Hazel in the carrier.  You were being such a good lil dude and you had a dollar in your pocket so we stopped in at the candy store and got a few gummies.  After we came out of the candy store we heard bag pipes.  You love a walk on campus so we went toward the bag pipes.  As we reached the IU sample gates you sat on the planter to dig into your bag of gummies.  Mommy looks up and sees JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP!  What!  So exciting!  He was just standing there looking Johnny Cougary chit chatting with a small group of people and a bag pipe player.  



Mr. Cool with his switch blade comb.
As we started walking to campus and the small group was moving toward campus too I also saw my girlhood lady crush Meg Ryan. I thought she was the coolest on Guiding Light as Beth.  As we are walking I ask a lady, who I think is her mom, what is the occasion as there seemed to be a somber air.  She said that it was to dedicate a tree to Mrs. Mellencamp's scholarship.  So we dropped back a bit, sat on a bench and hung out.  A beautiful afternoon complete with our first and only celebrity sighting in Bloomington.  Ms. Ryan is also an adoptive mom and I had always hoped to run into her and ask if Daisy needed kids to play with while in Bloomington.  Daddy said that might make me sound a little creepy, he is likely right.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I couldnt seem to find anywhere to message you so figured I would just leave a comment. Your blog is awesome. Your children will cherish this one day. We just joined with IAC so we are just begining our journey. Would love to get to know you. Please feel free to email me @ Miller688608@yahoo.com