Monday, April 9, 2012

Hoppy Easter

Dear Peep,
We had a low key Easter at home together, just the three of us.  I spent a little time in the yard moving some rocks left over from our pool removal.  While I was working you'd flit in and out of the house between me and Daddy.  Then I found at toad!  I peeked into the house and said, "HENRY!!! I found a toad!"   I retrieved your little creature keeper and we put it in there.  You said, "Oh mommy! I am so grateful you found a toad!"  We let you play with torture it for a while.  For the most part you were gentle and oh so full of enthusiasm for you little toad.  You wore it around your neck for a pit, inspecting it frequently.  I went back to work and asked you not to take it in the house, which you promptly did.  Minutes later you sprung out the back door exclaiming, "The toad got away! It is under the couch!"  With a quick re-catch I guided you outside.  You asked me to get a picture of you and your bumpy buddy.  
Can you find him on your head
We allowed you to play with him a while longer, then saddened you by letting you know it was time to release him back to his toady world.  You decided to place him in your little garden amongst the carrots.  
20 minutes later you went back to check on him and he had hopped back to toady world.  May we catch many more animals to explore together.  
Love, Mama

No comments: