Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lint in the Armpits, Goo in the Neck Roll

Dear Henry,

Mommy is back on track now. Engagement photos I took for the daughter of one of Papa's co-workers are completed. Yeah! I will now spend my "free" time getting down all of the new details of your life from the last couple of weeks and shut down blog entries that begin, "I know I'm getting really behind but...." With about 300 photos I have a lot to say about your keen quickly developing awareness of your body, Mama and Papa, and the world.

So I will start with bath time.

In general Mommy has been giving you a washing in the basement sink, sprayin' your little body and using a washcloth. It is quick and efficient and you seem to enjoy it a bit. As I wash your hair you reach your go go gadget legs out as far as you can to flip your feet around in the streaming water. You've also started to twist, drag the towel into the sink with you, and knock over every shampoo and lotion bottle on the counter with your sweeping arms.


To give you a little variety a few weekends ago Mama and Papa gave you a bath in the kitchen with warm water filled up in the little tub you borrowed from cousin Johnny. (And believe me, every time Johnny visits he reminds you of it... a couple of weeks ago he told Grandma P that someone has been sneakin' into his house at night and stealing his toys and giving them to Henry.) Papa washed you in your tub and you SPLASHED like a fish in a bucket of water.

It was a happy family moment. I know I've posted lots of bath photos before but you keep getting bigger so it gives a good perspective of that growth...and what baby isn't cute in a bath tub? After bath time is a good photo opportunity as well because your hair looks like a little baby monkey and it melts my heart.

Keepin' ya clean and loved,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.