Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Child Labor Laws; All Babies Should Work!

Dear Henry, 
In recent weeks you've become my working buddy.  I mentioned in a previous post how I must challenge myself to give you tasks to do.  I have good reasons other than being lazy.  Four reasons...1.  You love it when I give you tasks to do.  2.  It builds trust between us (if I ask you to do something it must mean I think you're a capable little dude.)  3.  You're my buddy and I love you beside me.  4.  YOU CAN!  Why should I pick the blocks up for the 20th time today when you can? 

So big work duties this week?  I have you carry your own diaper when we go to the library in your very own stylish vintage Star Wars back pack.  Mommy bought this at a garage sale for a buck to give Daddy about 14 years ago.  Little did I know that our little boy would carry it one day... well actually we must have known as we kept it in pristine condition.  I rewarded you with a muffin from Bloomington Bagel.  Although I haven't posted about it I must mention that you LOVE muffins almost as much as that sticky stinky thumb you suck.
I also have you dusting.  You LOVE dusting.  Oh my god do you love dusting!  I use a long duster and you have a short one following behind me making sure I don't miss anything.  When I said that we are all done it wasn't enough.  You started dusting the floor.  Right on Hen!  I love a workin' buddy that shows initiative.  
Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't take it. Just can't take it.
Gma P

Brook said...

Right on H! Now, if you would just come on over to our place. Bring your duster!

Nana LaJean said...

Hey Henry - you can come over and help Nana and Great-Grandma dust anytime. Looks like you are doing a great job.
Hmm - your daddy never really wanted to do that!